Tuesday 7 March 2017

Nina Ricci 'Luna' Perfume - Review

Hello lovelies! 
When it comes to fragrances I wear on a daily basis I generally stick brands I know and love. On Friday however my Aunty, who works at House Of Fraser, brought me Nina Ricci's latest perfume Luna - Les Belles de Nina which isn't yet available in her store so I decided to review it on my blog today.  
Before I had even smelt the perfume I fall completely in love with the bottle itself. If you don't know the background to Luna, she is the best friend of Nina (another fragrance in the Belles de Nina range). Luna is illustrated as a 'temptress, captivating, daring and in quest of mystery'; together with Nina she embarks on her adventure, they're claimed to be 'inseparable, made for each other their differences add up perfectly'

Luna is homed in a beautiful blue apple shaped bottle, which is said to be a colour that reveals her mysterious side. Around the neck of the bottle is a black leather tie which leads up to two petite yet firm leaves which represents the core of the apple. The blue tinture of the bottle reflects stunningly with the gold stem, making Luna one of the most photogenic perfumes I've photographed. The box that Luna is wrapped in is stark white with a blue apple printed on. 

As I instantly became obsessed with the packaging of this fragrance, I was a little apprehensive if the actual scent would live up to the look. All my doubts vanished as I pinched the spritzer for the first time, I was hit by a gorgeous smelling aroma instantly. I would say Luna is strong yet sweet smelling, with notes that include orange blossom and wild berries, caramel, vanilla and sandalwood. It's a mysterious scent that's unique and difficult to put your finger on the correct term to describe exactly. 
Since receiving the perfume on Friday I've worn it each day to get the full effect of it. It gives me a femine feeling, as though I could be in my pj's on a Sunday and this fragrance would still assure I had some femininity and sassiness to me. To me a perfume is more for the person wearing it, it's about self belief and confidence and Luna does exactly that for me! 

Even though Nina Ricci targeted this scent at 18-25 year olds I asked my Mum what she thought of the smell and if she'd wear it herself, she said she thought it was a refreshing smell and she'd wear it too. Personally when I wore it I thought it was suitable for any age, however it made me have a sense of classiness too, which is why I think it would appeal to many women. Some perfumes I've tried in the past haven't had a classy feel about them so they wouldn't appeal to a wider audience. 

Not only is it the age range that could be a variety but also the time of day and occasion too. If I was to wear this for daytime I'd take it with me and have a respray throughout the day; with a single spray Luna lasted just over two hours however if I'd of liked it a little more noticeable and popped some more on it would have preserved on my skin longer. I've got a feeling that this will be my go-to perfume of the Spring/Summer months this year as it seems like a fresh, cooling smell and I'm so in love with it!

Luna has made the perfect impression on me as the first Ricci fragrance to try and I'd love to meet her best friend, Nina, too! I'd definitely recommend this to any femme fatale who's looking for a new perfume!

Have you tried any Nina Ricci scents?
Let me know in the comments.

*This perfume is priced between £35.00 and £46.00, once I'm certain of what House Of Fraser is selling it for this post will be updated. 
SHARE:

18 comments

Grow Change Accept said...

I personally don't wear perfumes but I do admire them on other people and I've always loved the smell of one of the older scents from Nina that my sister used to wear. Would love to smell this one!

Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

Unknown said...

The bottle reminds me of something out of Alice in wonderland. Thank sounds just up my street and the fact that it's beautifully packaged too helps. Great post my darling xx

Abbey Louisa Rose said...

What a gorgeous bottle, it would definitely tempt me to pick it up and give it a sniff hehe! I love the sound of a mysterious scent, and caramel notes seem delicious! I've yet to sample any scents by Nina Ricci but this review has really made me feel like I'm missing out!

Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

PaleGirlRambling said...

I love the look of that bottle! It would look so pretty on my dressing table! I'll definitely be going to check it out when it's in stores!
PaleGirlRambling xo

Unknown said...

The packing is amazing. I really love the shape of the bottle and the color. I have never worn Nina Ricci. I go by Dior and Guerlain but I'd try this one! xx Corinne

sophieannetaylor said...

I've never tried any but I would love to try this one after your review! I don't like the colour of the packaging but the overall design is really nice! Might have to treat myself at one point xx

sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

This sounds lush! I am a slave to my Chanel Coco Mademoiselle but I may give this a try. Especially as the bottle is so pretty.
Cora x http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment lovely!
Xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting chick.
Xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment Abbey
Xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for commenting lovely
Xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking time to read and comment on my post lovely
Xx

Unknown said...

Aw thank you for your comment chick, you should definitely treat yourself!
Xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting chick! Xx

Sarah said...

I have recently been wearing more perfumes and I love getting new recommendations. Both the perfume bottle and the scent itself sound wonderful! :)

Sarah | What Sarah Writes

Unknown said...

This perfume looks gorgeous!xxxx

J L Allen said...

I love the bottle! I used to have Nina by Nina Ricci which is a lovely perfume so will definitely try this one.

Thanks Charlotte xxx

alex12 said...

This blog merits an amazing honor and I must say, the blog writings are spiritual.Scented Space

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig